Video is the most effective advertising source because its visual and audio presentation influences intelligence and emotion more than any other medium. Animation in video advertising allows creative companies to think outside the box, and say what needs to be said, in a memorable and engaging way.
Here are six reasons why you should be using Animation in Your Advertising.
1) Cost Savings: Fortunately, in the current multimedia revolution, businesses don’t need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce a commercial. Hollywood actors or infomercial legends are not required. Neither is a full set filled with props and changing scenery. Thanks to the effectiveness and popularity of animated video, it is possible to make a great 60-second animation for $1,000-$20,000.
2) Time Savings: Animation is a real time saver compared to traditional video production. When creating animation you avoid having to deal with actors who need to take a long lunch break or a few days off to recover from the flu. You sketch your storyboard and write your script, and then the animators get working. A 60-second commercial can be completed anywhere from one to four weeks. This allows you to get to the marketplace faster with a trendy idea rather than it getting outdated as it gets delayed by production.
3) Creativity: The difference between humdrum and amazing is the creativity factor. With animation the sky is the limit. Your main character can hop from Paris to New York in a second, or explore the intricate workings of the human brain. Animation has no boundaries, so the most creative companies will be able to set themselves apart from the competition via a fantastic animated film.
4) Great Memorable Characters: Everyone remembers the battery-powered Energizer bunny, the Taco Bell Chihuahua and the Budweiser Frogs. Animated advertising gives you the opportunity to create larger-than-life characters that become the face of your brand. Your main character will be timeless, trust worthy and loyal to you brand. He won’t get old; he won’t get kicked off the superstar A-list; and he won’t get arrested for shoplifting. He is a safe bet.
5) Clarity of Message: Using animation in video forces you to be truly selective about your message and your intended outcome. If you want to increase sales or strengthen your brand, you create a 60-second storyboard and script that visually and audibly engages your viewer. Gone are the days when 60-second spots left the viewer confused. Great ads are direct and succinct and cleverly use words, images, voices and music to engage all our senses to buy products and love a brand.
6) Share-ability: Animated advertisements are cheaper to make and they have a much longer shelf-life. Instead of it appearing one time during the evening news, your video will now be located on your website, in a Tweet, on Facebook, on YouTube and in email links to your subscribers. The usage of a great animated advertisement is everlasting.
– Video Caddy